Sometimes I can be….tenacious, persistent, persevering…Okay, that’s the light side of the dark side! Honestly, I can just be downright stubborn. (Guarantee you my husband is smiling as he’s reading this right now! – Aren’t you, Nathan?)
So, here’s the deal – Three days ago I got hit with an excruciating bout of otitis externa. That title sounds way more threatening than swimmer’s ear! lol! Surprisingly, it feels like someone is stabbing me in the ear canal with appetizer skewers. Not being dramatic at all…’cuz I’m not that either!
Anyway, feeling these not-so-gentle jabs in my ear every 30 seconds strangely has me thinking about hearing – about listening. Yesterday was my 39th birthday. I spent it on the couch praying for the pain to go away and thinking about what in my life have I been refusing to hear. This is what I came up with:
- SLOW DOWN! TAKE A BREAK! I’ve heard this for quite a while now, but have kinda REFUSED to listen! I’m talking retreat. I still need to figure out. But, it involves days, not minutes.
- Get back into the kitchen 100% LOVE on your kitchen! It will love you back!
- Greens greens and more greens. Did I say greens? I do love my greens.
- Start bringing yoga back into my workouts. Start working out daily. (This actually helps with slowing down).
- Stop holding back on getting my music out there! Stop being afraid of rejection…of the unknown. Go full force.
- “When people tell you who they are, believe them.” – Maya Angelou Take this to heart….this is truer than true.
- Stop pouring myself into people who are only in it for themselves. Send them love & light & let them go.
- Pour myself into people who are there for me.
What are you refusing to hear in your life? What can you do to change that?
Much love & many blessings,
P.S. If you like what you’re reading, I’d love it if you 1. comment 2. subscribe 3. “like” me on facebook =)
Today I ran out of deodorant & have to make more. Don’t worry, I had enough to make it through Zumba, so if you see me, you shouldn’t have to stand too far away! But, I thought I’d bring up an oldie, but goodie for you :) Soon I will be offering a class on how to make your own natural skincare products! Stay tuned! You won’t want to miss it!
“You do WHAT?”
You read right! I keep my deodorant in the refrigerator. Why, you ask? Well, here’s the deal – years ago I learned about how horrible deodorant is for our health, especially for women. Commercial deodorants contain ingredients such as aluminum and parabens, both of which have been linked to breast cancer. So, I started my journey trying to find a natural deodorant that actually worked. My conclusion? Well, you could probably smell it! Half way through Zumba, I’d be stinking it up!
So, I thought, maybe I could *make* my own deodorant! There has to be a way. So, I googled “homemade deodorant recipe” and I found a coconut oil based recipe. I thought, “What the heck! I’ll give it a shot! If it doesn’t work, at least it’s super cheap!” I happened to have the ingredients on hand. So, I found an old deodorant tube, cleaned it out, made the recipe, put it all together & stuck it in the refrigerator.
The next day would be the ultimate test – Zumba! I made it out smelling tropical instead of toxical (Okay, I know that’s not a word. But, it sounded better!) I’ve never looked back. I’ve even added yummy smelling essential oils to the mix. If you’re not a fan of coconut smell, there is unscented coconut oil. I think it’s best to buy organic coconut oil if you can. I think you can buy coconut oil that is solid at room temps, but I just used what I had.
So if you’re ever at my house and look in my refrigerator, you won’t think I’ve totally lost it. (Although I’m sure some of you reading this think I already have!)